[DCRM-L] WorldCat cutoff dates for not de-duping rare materials

dooleyj dooleyj at oclc.org
Wed Nov 3 08:09:50 MDT 2010

Here¹s the official word from Jay Weitz. The exception for maps (no
de-duping for pre-1900) stands. -Jackie

From: "Weitz,Jay" <weitzj at oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:58:09 -0400
To: OCLC Dooley <dooleyj at oclc.org>
Subject: RE: DDR cutoff dates for rare materials

Dear Jackie,

Thanks for the kind words about the Webinar.  If I said that the pre-1800
(actually pre-1801) cutoff was limited to Books records, then I misspoke.
We don¹t intentionally merge any records with publication dates 1800 or
earlier, regardless of bibliographic format. That would include graphic
materials.  If the materials are identified as reproductions (microform,
electronic, etc.) rather than the original pre-1801 resource, however, they
may be candidates for merging.

Jay

--
Jackie Dooley
Program Officer

949.492.5060 (work/home) -- Pacific Time
949.295.1529 (mobile)