[DCRM-L] RDA Follow-up to "Cataloging Defensively" Webinar re edition statements

Schupbach, William w.schupbach at wellcome.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 06:38:12 MST 2010

"The RDA Library of Congress Policy Statement 2.5.1.4 is an almost exact
restatement of AACR2 1.2B4, providing for a cataloger-supplied edition
statement:  ?LCPS for 2.5.1.4: Recording Edition Statements:  If a
resource lacks an edition statement but it is known to contain
significant changes from other editions, supply a brief statement in the
language and script of the title proper and enclose it in square
brackets.?  LC Policy Statements (LCPSs) are the RDA parallels to AACR2
LC Rule Interpretations (LCRIs)." (Jay Weitz)

I had not noticed this before, but it means that, in most of the cases I
deal with, I should have been writing those bracketed 250s in Latin. Has
everybody else been doing this?

William Schupbach
Wellcome Library, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE
E-mail: w.schupbach at wellcome.ac.uk

Visit the Wellcome Library Blog at: http://wellcomelibrary.blogspot.com

********

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security - www.websense.com