[DCRM-L] RDA Follow-up to "Cataloging Defensively" Webinar re edition statements

Gillis, Jane jane.gillis at yale.edu
Tue Nov 16 14:33:34 MST 2010

Why don't/can't the same rules apply to the 250 as apply to the 260.  In the 260, we supply any information, not in the piece but known, in brackets and in the language of the cataloging agency.  This is not a question of the rules, but of the principles.  If rules/interpretations in the past have gotten this wrong, why can't we correct this now?

Jane