[DCRM-L] DPC: remove card catalog vocabulary fromgeneral instructions on notes in 7A1.4

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Thu Nov 25 15:15:56 MST 2010

Doh! As Bob Maxwell pointed out,  the poll allowing BSC members to cast
a vote shouldn't be opened until *after* members of DCRM-L have had a
week to discuss the issue, and the phrasing of the question being voted
on could well change thanks to discussion.  I was so eager to figure out
how to set things up at ALA Connect that I jumped the gun. The poll is
now down, and will be re-opened on December 1.

I like Bob's suggestion of replacing "special files" with "special
indexes" -- i.e., "Notes may also be made to justify added entries
intended for special indexes of personal or corporate names, titles,
genres/forms, physical characteristics, provenance, etc."

   EB.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D.  |  Curator of Art & Special Collections  |  Folger
Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE  | Washington, DC
20003-1004  |  office tel. (202) 675-0323  |  fax:  (202) 675-0328  |
eblake at folger.edu  |  www.folger.edu