[DCRM-L] Eliminating an RDA option in DCRM(G) draft: want to allow "i.e." and "[sic]"

Allison Jai O'Dell ajodell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:20:49 MDT 2011

To follow up on Bob's comments:  Records for most rare materials live in
shared catalogs with 'regular' materials, and if user convenience is really
at the heart of this discussion, then consistency in formatting and display
should remain a priority.

Another question to consider is how much "i.e." conveys to the average end
user.  Does he/she understand that the title given in brackets is the
'correct' one?  At the very least, I would advocate for "Royal Palace,
Warsaw [corrected title: Kremlin Palace, Moscow]" over "i.e."

- Allison Jai O'Dell