[DCRM-L] Standard citation forms corporate main entry

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Tue Dec 20 12:22:20 MST 2011

The title will in many cases be entirely insufficient. If RDA has so
disconnected the library "community" from the general run of people who
cite things, then perhaps we should disconnect "standard *citation* forms"
from RDA, and formulate according to scholarly expectation and, to some
extent, the practices of antiquarian booksellers.

The 510 is a note field. There's no more reason, and perhaps less, to
follow RDA than there is to let e.g. the *Chicago Manual* be our guide.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU