[DCRM-L] edition, state

Lenore Rouse rouse at cua.edu
Mon Feb 7 10:13:34 MST 2011

  Hi Larry,

Interesting question. I would opine that the answer to #1 should be yes
even if it IS the same setting of type, or at least I would certainly
want different records to record different formats. The printer may not
be changing individual type pages but he is bound to have to change the
imposition of those pages. As to #2 I'm not sure how relentless the
de-dupe juggernaut is, but one would hope that there will be sufficient
difference between the size, pagination, etc. of the books to preserve
your new record. Including the format and collation should help.

However it occurs to me this may all be moot as I dimly remember reading
that auto de-duping or merging of records is not being used for pre-1800
material? Look forward to more discussion on this.
Lenore

--
Lenore M. Rouse
Curator, Rare Books&  Special Collections

PHONE: 202 319-5090
E-MAIL: rouse at cua.edu