[DCRM-L] DPC: 4B3. Supplied modern forms of place names

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 10:29:31 MST 2011

I won't shed any tears if the Madridii counter example is deleted. But
I don't think the deletion is strictly necessary, given that VIII.1.
"Examples" already says "The examples are not in themselves
prescriptive ..."

If we wanted to keep a counter example for illustrative purposes, we
could perhaps revise the comment along these lines:

but Madridii
     (Comment: If considered recognizable as “Madrid” without
qualification according to the judgment of an individual cataloger or
the policy of an individual institution)

-Manon

--
Manon Théroux
Head of Technical Services