[DCRM-L] FW: OCLC Form/Genre Revisions and Pending RBMS Thesaurus Work?

Ryan Hildebrand ryan.hildebrand at mail.utexas.edu
Thu May 26 15:31:31 MDT 2011

We held off on the contribution of Genre Terms to the Terminologies project
because we wanted to complete the retrospective addition of scope notes to
terms which lacked them. We thought the project would be finished in a
rather short period of time, but that has certainly not been the case, in
part because its parameters have changed and we are now considering entire
term record and not just the scope note. I have as a topic on our agenda for
Annual to make a decision to send the terms as they stand, or hold off until
scope notes are completed. My hope is that the subcommittee will come up
with a position, which will be brought to BSC for a vote.

I'm glad this conversation is taking place beforehand. I'm happy to answer
further questions if I can. I am also happy to be enlightened by others if
I've misremembered anything.

-Ryan

--
Ryan Hildebrand