[DCRM-L] DPC: Clarify and simplify wording in 4C10

Sun Oct 16 13:39:13 MDT 2011

DCRM(B) 2nd printing has this version:

4C10. Publisher, distributor, etc., transcribed as part of another area

If no publisher, distributor, etc., statement appears in the
publication, but the name of the publisher, distributor, etc., has
already been transcribed as part of another area, supply it in a short
identifiable form within square brackets.

Replacement text per the DCRM Editorial Guidelines:

"If the name of the publisher, distributor, etc., does not appear in the
publisher, distributor, etc., statement, but has already been
transcribed ..."

While Erin, Manon and I were discussing this rule because of continued
confusion in the wording, we came up with what we thought was much
clearer and better language, and eliminated any confusion. We propose
4C10 1st paragraph to read thus:

4C10. Publisher, distributor, etc., transcribed as part of another area

If publisher, distributor, etc., information has been transcribed as
part of another area, supply it in a short identifiable form within
square brackets.

As a proposed change to standard DCRM text, this requires BSC vote.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Head of Cataloging, Folger Shakespeare
Library

djleslie at folger.edu <mailto:djleslie at folger.edu>  | 202.675-0369 |
www.folger.edu