[DCRM-L] RBMS Controlled Vocabularies call for scope note review

Ryan Hildebrand ryan.hildebrand at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 4 10:59:30 MST 2012

Dear all,

The RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Subcommittee of the Bibliographic Standards Committee has been engaged in a project to write scope notes for terms lacking them in the Genre Terms thesaurus. We would appreciate your comments on our current draft scope notes, which may be read and commented on here: http://rbms.info/digress/genrescopenotes/. Please see item no. 1 in the blog's table of contents for instructions on commenting. Comments are welcome from now until December 21.

There are only two scope notes to consider this time, for the terms Mathematical recreations and Minstrel songs.

The terms themselves have already been approved, and are included in the current version of the vocabularies: http://www.rbms.info/committees/bibliographic_standards/controlled_vocabularies/index.shtml.

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Hildebrand