[DCRM-L] type specimen?

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Mon Feb 27 19:07:44 MST 2012

I'd create an analytic for the type page itself, as realia. "Type
specimens" are understood to be printed specimen sheets, so much so that
the tracing alone would not bring this to the attention of anyone actually
searching for a page-worth of set type. A title and notes sprinkled with
keyword bait, yea verily, a bucket of keyword chum--that's your best bet.
You can still include a "specimens" heading of some sort--it is that, but
of a very special kind.

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Schneider, Nina <nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu