[DCRM-L] (no subject)

John Lancaster jjlancaster at me.com
Thu May 10 15:49:09 MDT 2012

Assuming you're thinking in terms of an OCLC record, their guidelines state:

"Specific differences in the wording of the title proper (other than those noted above) justify a new record."

Though this involves only a few letters, the differences occur in two of the first three words and is thus significant for searching.  And they are certainly "specific differences" that don't fall into any of the exceptions noted (which all involve judgment calls).

I suspect ESTC would also create a new record, but I don't know that there are published criteria to refer to.

John Lancaster