[DCRM-L] Misleading FRBRized displays in WorldCat (long)

Gillis, Jane jane.gillis at yale.edu
Thu May 10 17:33:44 MDT 2012

One of the policies that I remember from DCRM(B) (and carried into (S), is that if a title page is later , that is the one you use.  For reprints of serials, this is very important.  If it is only the tp that is different, doesn't that make it a different ? (edition, printing, variant).  I think that if a tp differs from another tp, how can you not create a different record?  If you do not, you will have to make a note and ae  for the new title.  For serials, I know that this is different, but, why can't you make a separate record?

Jane

Jane Gillis
Rare Book Cataloger
Yale University Library