[DCRM-L] DPC for Area 4, manufacture elements

Laurence S. Creider lcreider at lib.nmsu.edu
Wed Sep 19 09:09:24 MDT 2012

I agree with Erin, except that I would probably not include suggestions
about the hand-press/machine press.  Deborah is correct that we went to a
lot of effort to erase that distinction in DCRM.  Occasional efforts to
slip it back in have turned out not to be the best solution to problems
raised.  We really do not need "presumed;" one could argue that a great
deal of what we "know" about an item is based on presumptions arising from
experience rather than from hard evidence.

It seems to me that the change is not so much a function of the technology
but of the increasing specialization in the production and distribution of
printed materials.

Larry

--
Laurence S. Creider