[DCRM-L] 48mo?

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:29:30 MDT 2012

I think by custom we stop worrying about the exact morphology after 0ctavo.
More common than format is "24mo", used by all of us because that's the way
we say it (since, per Gaskell, "vicesimoquarto is no longer used"); you
never hear "24 toe". It would all be moot if we could use the superscript o
and use sign language ...

RICHARD NOBLE : RARE BOOKS CATALOGER : JOHN HAY LIBRARY : BROWN UNIVERSITY
PROVIDENCE, RI 02912 : 401-863-1187/FAX 863-3384 : RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU