[DCRM-L] Local MARC cataloging systems

Wed Apr 17 09:11:35 MDT 2013

Thanks Allison, Annie, and the others who responded privately. Apparently the whole world knew about MARC Edit except for me.

Catalogers will be encoding in MARC. The project is in the discussion stage and Brian Geiger (ESTC/NA) and I are exploring options.

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Allison Jai O'Dell
Sent: Wednesday, 17 April 2013 10:46
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] Local MARC cataloging systems

MarcEdit basically picks up where MARCMaker left off for data conversation.  It's easy to install and pretty intuitive to use.

Deborah, could you clarify whether your catalogers will be encoding records in MARC themselves?  Or do you just need to extract information from existing MARC records?

Allison