[DCRM-L] Citations in RDA

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Mon Aug 11 11:45:49 MDT 2014

It's hard to think of references/citations in a bibliographic record as
subject relationships, but I find it easier to characterize the reciprocal
that way. Bibliographies, indexes, or other resources which describe WEMI
entities have a subject relationship to those entities, much like
biographies "describe" persons and persons are "described in" biographies.

I also think it will be helpful to distinguish between references which
describe manifestations and items, as these references may be copy-specific
at times. I have previously wished 510 $5 were defined for this purpose.

Matthew

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger
102 Butler Library