[DCRM-L] Bibliographic Standards Committee procedural manual

Audrey C Pearson pearsona at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 4 18:34:39 MST 2014

In late 2012, the need for a Bibliographic Standards Committee procedural manual was recognized by some members of the committee. At the 2013 ALA Midwinter Conference, I agreed to work in partnership with Deborah J. Leslie to draft such a document. Over the course of the past year, Deborah and I have met virtually and in person to work on the structure and content of this manual.

We are now at a point where we would like input on the draft from members of the community. Some sections currently have no content, and the sections with content could also benefit from the advice of those with experience on the Bibliographic Standards Committee.

We invite all current and past members of the ACRL/RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee (formerly known as the Standards Committee) to weigh in. Please send me an email (pearsona at mit.edu<mailto:pearsona at mit.edu>) if you would like writer access to the wiki.

If you have not been a member of the committee, we still value your input. Please email me (pearsona at mit.edu<mailto:pearsona at mit.edu>) if you would like reader access, which allows you to view and comment on pages.

You can also request  access directly from the wiki: http://rbmsbscmanual.pbworks.com/

We envision this as an informal working document, which will be updated as needed in the future.

Thanks,

Audrey Pearson
Special Collections Cataloging Librarian, Institute Archives and Special Collections
MIT Libraries
77 Massachusetts Ave.
Building 14N-118
Cambridge, MA 02139