[DCRM-L] Update on "dcrmg" not being accepted as a code in Connexion

Erin Blake EBlake at FOLGER.edu
Mon Jan 13 18:58:04 MST 2014

I heard back from OCLC about why "dcrmg" is still being rejected as a valid code in Connexion, and the news isn't good.

The technical support person said "I checked with our quality control staff about this issue. This kind of change in MARC coding has to be coordinated with other OCLC development activities. That's especially true for this 040$e code since it is indexed and it (and the other codes in the "DCRM" family) plays a role in OCLC's matching software in addition to identifying the descriptive cataloging conventions used in the record. We're just beginning development requirements for the next MARC Update project. There's no firm schedule yet but I expect that it will be installed later this spring."

This is really disappointing.

Yours,

Erin.

Erin C. Blake, Ph.D.  |  Interim Head of Collection Information Services and Cataloging; Curator of Art & Special Collections  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20009  |  eblake at folger.edu  |  office tel. +1 202-675-0323  |  fax +1 202-675-0328  |  www.folger.edu