[DCRM-L] Shares citation but varies from PDF

Shiner, Elaine eshiner at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Jan 27 14:39:40 MST 2014

Dear Alice:

I don't think that's a good idea, since you have no control over the links.  If I couldn't find any difference that could justify a new OCLC record, I would insert a 500 note into the master record, but without referring to the link.  For instance, "Two editions are noted." or "Two setting of type are noted", and then: In one, the last line of text on p. [5] reads:  ". occafion plus favorable pour confondre vos en- .."; in the other, the last line of text on p. [5] reads "[whatever it reads in the electronic resource]"  I don't think it's necessary to mention Martin & Walter, as long as the description in Martin & Walter could refer to either.

Elaine Shiner,
Rare Book Cataloger
Houghton Library