[DCRM-L] For RBMS/BSC review: draft letter to OCLC

Kate Moriarty moriarks at slu.edu
Thu Mar 20 08:31:51 MDT 2014

FYI OCLC's statement of changes can be found in the "Machine Manipulation
of Existing WorldCat Records" section of their OCLC RDA Policy Statement
http://www.oclc.org/en-US/rda/new-policy.html.

Also, this thread is now discussing two separate programs at OCLC -
duplicate records merging and automatic RDA changes to records - though
they present the same challenge of how to protect rare materials records.

-Kate

--
Kate S. Moriarty, MSW, MLS  |  Rare Book Catalog Librarian  |  Associate
Professor  |  Pius XII Memorial Library  |