[DCRM-L] For RBMS/BSC review: draft letter to OCLC

Dooley,Jackie dooleyj at oclc.org
Thu Mar 20 12:32:01 MDT 2014

I can confirm that Randy's understanding is correct: all dcrm codes and predecessors are protected from de-duping. I'm inquiring about gihc.

As for new codes: first a request is submitted to LC and the code is added to MARC, from which OCLC knows that the code must be authorized for use in WorldCat. It's then added in the next OCLC MARC update (typically along with MANY other MARC updates)-these are done twice a year, if memory serves. DCRM-L had a considerable thread about this a couple months ago in the context of getting dcrm(g) added.

--Jackie

--
Jackie Dooley
Program Officer, OCLC Research