[DCRM-L] Publication (etc.) statements -- BL proposal

Lapka, Francis francis.lapka at yale.edu
Fri May 16 09:34:04 MDT 2014

To kick off the 2014 RDA revision proposal season, I'd like to draw your attention to a discussion paper that Alan Danskin, British Library representative to the JSC, has kindly shared (in preliminary form):

http://www.slainte.org.uk/eurig/docs/EURIG2014/2014_EURIG-AM_presentation_Proposals-for-simplification-of-RDA%202.7-2.10_Danskin.pdf

The proposal suggests a radical (?) rethinking of how we record Publication (etc.) statements. Although I have several small concerns, I think the suggested changes would be a move in the right direction.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on this new approach. Assuming that the discussion paper goes through the standard channels, CC:DA will prepare a response to it in late summer. The Powerpoint linked here is just a summary; the full proposal will presumably have more details.

Best,
Francis

RBMS/BSC Liaison to CC:DA

Francis Lapka, Catalog Librarian
Yale Center for British Art, Department of Rare Books and Manuscripts
1080 Chapel Street, PO Box 208280, New Haven, CT  06520
203.432.9672    francis.lapka at yale.edu<mailto:francis.lapka at yale.edu>