[DCRM-L] Request for comments: RDA Governance Review

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 19 16:19:25 MST 2014

Colleagues,

RDA’s Committee of Principals (CoP) is considering a new vision for RDA and a strategic plan for 2015-2020. Although there are no specific implications for the rare materials community, we have a chance to comment on their document: (http://www.rdatoolkit.org/sites/default/files/rda_governance_review.pdf). Specifically, they would like responses to the following four questions:

1. How do you think the Governance Structure could be improved?
2. How could structures be developed to facilitate requests for changes to the standard to be submitted and the views of stakeholders to be represented?
3. Are there any existing structures that could be built upon?
4. Are you aware of any other governance models for this kind of activity which you think we should be aware of/investigate?

CC:DA maintains a blog with some background information regarding this document (http://alcts.ala.org/ccdablog/?p=1459)

If you would like to comment, please send your suggestions/comments to Matthew Haugen (matthew.haugen [at] columbia.edu<http://columbia.edu>) no later than December 5, 2014. He will compile the responses and send them to CoP for their Dec. 31st deadline.

Thanks very much,

Nina

Nina M. Schneider
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee

Head Cataloger
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018