[DCRM-L] Help with statement of responsibility using DCRM(G)

Cordes, Ellen ellen.cordes at yale.edu
Mon Sep 15 07:39:16 MDT 2014

Erin,

I agree with what you recommend ("$c  [illegible signature]" or "$c John Doe [?]" with explanatory note)  as it is the most accurate reflection of what is on the piece.  There IS a signature, but you cannot read it or speculate what characters (or monogram?) the artist wrote.  Since there is a signature, I agree that you should record the fact in the 245 $c in either way that you suggest, although I prefer the first since if it is a more accurate statement (i.e., not a single letter can be identified).

Ellen