[DCRM-L] New Terms in RBMS Controlled Vocabularies

Carpenter, Jane jfcarpenter at library.ucla.edu
Wed Apr 22 12:28:54 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Controlled Vocabularies Editorial team would like to announce the addition of 7 new terms to the vocabularies.  These proposals, submitted by  members of the rare materials community, were discussed at the Midwinter meeting, and draft scope notes were posted on the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Community Discussion blog (http://rbms.info/cv-comments/)  Community feedback helped the CV Editors to finalize the descriptions.  Thanks to all who posted comments and contributed their expertise!

Thanks also to Elspeth Healey and the members of the RBMS Web Team for maintaining and updating the lists at http://www.rbms.info/vocabularies/.
The new terms now appear alphabetically under their respective headings, although the Web Team advises that they probably *won't* appear in the Google search from the main CV page for a couple of days (it will take some time for Google to crawl them).

Throughout the spring, the CV Editors will be posting new scope notes for terms, and we look forward to hearing from you on our community discussion blog-

Jane Carpenter and Ryan Hildebrand
Co-Chairs
RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group

Provenance Evidence
Manicules

Genre Terms
Incunabula