[DCRM-L] rotation of page and out of the numerical sequence

Reavis, Jean REAVIS at Grinnell.EDU
Tue Feb 17 13:50:42 MST 2015

I am a newbie at cataloging rare books so please excuse my ignorance.
I have an item in its original paper wrappers (all sewn together). It is v.2 of “Sixty sermons on various subjects …” / ǂc by the late Reverend Jonathan Parsons…  OCLC# 39182495 ESTC No. 006440362
Volume 2 references from the record:  v. 2: 855 [i.e., 853], ix, [2] p.  Signatures: v. 2, [A]⁴ B-5M⁴ (24-letter alphabet, including W, employed)

I would like assistance on how to describe a page flipped/rotated (i.e. the fore edge of the page is toward the binding edge and the binding edge of the page is toward the fore edge) and inserted out of the numerical sequence.  I would like to note these irregularities in the bibliographic record for our copy.

My copy has page ii-iii (signed 5L4), flipped horizontally.  In addition this page is inserted in the wrong place, as discernable from pagination and signatures.  How does one describe this situation?  Is there a source of rare books very odd notes?
Does this come close?
Library’s copy has leaf 5L4  flipped horizontally and inserted between A1 and A2, and lacks 5L5-5M4

Thank you in advance for input.
Jean

P.S. Signature statement with “(24-letter alphabet, including W, employed)” is not what I learned at Rare Book School.  Do you generally leave it or correct it?

Jean Reavis
Grinnell College Libraries
1111 6th Ave.
Grinnell, IA  501112