[DCRM-L] DCRM(B) and WorldCat

Schneider, Nina nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 27 10:15:40 MST 2015

Others can correct me if I've been working under false pretenses, but I'm under the impression that OCLC won't touch a record if it's coded dcrmX (X being whichever module is used: books, serials, graphics) in the 040 $e.

For those working in Connexion, I believe there is a way to search through GLIMIR clusters to see IR's (see Client Help>GLIMIR>What is in the index). As to the possibility of displaying IR's, RBMS would likely have to start a conversation with OCLC. There are likely costs involved.

Nina M. Schneider
Chair, RBMS Bibliographic Standards Committee

Rare Books Librarian
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018