[DCRM-L] Cutting a Goddardian knot

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:24:34 MST 2015

Notes in newly created OCLC record #900650796 are enough to indicate the
dilemma I faced, with the plethora of records for this title having never
quite got down to the facts.

While a case might be made (contra Bowers, I think) for treating the
variant title pages as denoting two different issues, this is not a
distinction easily maintained in the WorldCat environment; and if I were a
bibliographer I'd make a single entry for this title and treat the title
pages a press-variant, as a better strategy for pulling the story together.

Comments?

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>