[DCRM-L] Folger HBCN's

Alice Hanes ahanes at Hagley.org
Mon Jun 8 08:14:51 MDT 2015

Serendipity!  This is why I love the user group ... and Monday mornings.  Thank you, Deborah, for sharing a practice that helps me deal with the "shaky foundations" of our own OPAC more positively.

As I reflect on my personal cataloging routines, I find that I tend to construct such notes in a MARC field 500, plus subfield #5, for original records, but a MARC field 590 for copy cataloging.  Yet I can no longer recall why I make this distinction.  Can anyone advise me on maintaining or amending this habit?

Thanks.

Alice H. Hanes
Technical Services Librarian
Hagley Museum and Library
298 Buck Road East
Wilmington, DE 19807-0630
(302) 658-2400 x234

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Deborah J. Leslie
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2015 12:28 PM
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: [DCRM-L] Folger HBCN's

Some of you may be interested in a practice we incorporated at the Folger a couple of years ago, as written up by our own Erin Blake: http://collation.folger.edu/2015/05/meet-the-hamnet-hbcn-handy-butt-cover-note/

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu