[DCRM-L] New Genre Term Scope Notes available for comment on RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Discussion Blog

Carpenter, Jane jfcarpenter at library.ucla.edu
Mon Jun 8 15:44:46 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group has posted 7 new Genre Term scope notes to the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Community Discussion blog  http://rbms.info/cv-comments/  Although these terms were already part of  Genre Terms, and have established usage, they lacked scope notes.  The CV team is  undertaking a systematic a review of all of those terms without scope notes, and composing definitions for each of them, and is seeking feedback from the rare materials community.

The comment period is June 9-16, so please chime in with your suggestions or edits, as they will be reviewed at our Annual meeting:

*       Pamphlet wars
*       Concrete Poems
*       Dime novels
*       Execution sermons
*       Exhibition catalogs
*       Fables
*       Lyric poems

We have also added 5 new scope notes to the Controlled Vocabularies genre list http://rbms.info/vocabularies/genre/alphabetical_list.htm (pending posting by the Web Team), several of which incorporate suggestions received on the CV Blog:

*       Theater programs
*       Type specimens
*       Literary forgeries
*       Literary hoaxes
*       Masques

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jane Carpenter and Ryan Hildebrand, Co-Chairs
RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group
Amy F. Brown, Genre Terms Scope Note Project