[DCRM-L] REMINDER: DCRM(M) questions

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 08:27:38 MDT 2015

Just a note that I've been unable to comment on the DCRM(M) wiki because
I'm currently in the process of dealing with the comments made by LC,
CC:DA, and MAGIRT on the DCRM(C) "close reading" draft using our OWN wiki.
I suspect some of the comments we received are similar to the comments
received on the DCRM(M) draft and it is likely that the DCRM(C) editors
have already resolved some of the issues in a slightly different way than
what is in the DCRM(M) wiki. But we are still in the process of coming to
consensus in our own discussions and final edits at this point.

One big difference between DCRM(M) and DCRM(C) regarding RDA is that the
PCC BSR was updated a long time ago to include notes on applying DCRM(M) in
an RDA environment - obviously, before DCRM(M) was even published. That
seemed premature to me. DCRM(C) has taken the approach that we should wait
until DCRM(C) text is finalized, and only THEN tackle any revisions needed
in the BSR.

If we do feel the need to resolve certain areas of difference between
multiple modules, the only mechanism in place currently is the DCRM
Steering Group. But the modules are allowed to differ in many respects
regarding language and even cataloging treatment (and indeed it would be
impossible to have them be completely in synch in all things given that
they are being developed simultaneously by different teams attempting to
also harmonize with different other format-specific standards). I think it
is a very good thing that they will all be brought back together into a
unified RDA-based DCRM eventually.

Manon
DCRM(C) editor and "keeper of the text"

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Schneider, Nina <nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu