[DCRM-L] FW: MetaMan IG: Exciting News! VIAF Moving from Harvesting English WIkipedia to Wikidata!

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Thu Mar 26 12:52:19 MDT 2015

A "by the way" question: Is there a "best practices" out there somewhere
for citing VIAF in authority records, and especially for dealing with its
record of all records aspect? Should individual national-level records be
cited independently, citing VIAF as more of an access point than an
"authority" in itself? Boiling it all down to a 670 can be rather a
challenge ...

Thanks - Richard Noble

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Schneider, Nina <nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu