[DCRM-L] Title or edition?

Mark Seidl marseidl at vassar.edu
Wed May 6 09:20:13 MDT 2015

Dear Group,

I'm working on a record for a book, a picture of the title page of which is
attached. I remember my undergraduate Latin well enough get the gist of the
information, but what I can't quite fully parse is the relationship of the
edition statement to what follows. In other words, is what comes after
"Editio ultima" part of the edition statement, in which case a lot would
appear in the 250; or is what follows "Editio ultima" really part of the
title, in which case it would appear in the 245 (with an appropriate note
about transposition)?

BTW, there are a few records for this title in OCLC, but none of them look
quite right to me.

Thanks for your help!

All best,

--

Mark Seidl
Technical Services Librarian for Special Collections