[DCRM-L] New Genre Term Scope Notes available for comment on RBMS Controlled Vocabularies discussion blog

Carpenter, Jane jfcarpenter at library.ucla.edu
Fri May 29 12:21:22 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Controlled Vocabularies Editorial team has posted 6 new Genre Term scope notes to the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Community Discussion blog  http://rbms.info/cv-comments/   Although these terms were already part of  Genre Terms, and have established usage, they lacked scope notes.  The CV team is  undertaking a systematic a review of all of those terms without scope notes, and composing definitions for each of them.

The comment period runs through June 5, so please chime in with your suggestions or edits:

*       Theater programs
*       Penny poems
*       Type specimens
*       Literary forgeries
*       Literary hoaxes
*       Masques

We have also edited several of the earlier scope notes based on feedback we received.
*       Abridgements
*       Academic dissertations
*       Baccalaureate addresses
*       Baccalaureate sermons
*       Fantasy literature
*       Folk plays
*       Literary quarrels
*       Novellas

Please post your comments on the CV Community Discussion blog http://rbms.info/cv-comments/  during the discussion period which runs through June 5.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Jane Carpenter and Ryan Hildebrand, Co-Chairs
RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group
Amy F. Brown, Genre Terms Scope Note Project