[DCRM-L] Cold light pad for scanning watermarks

Meghan Constantinou mconstantinou at grolierclub.org
Fri Nov 13 10:40:16 MST 2015

Dear colleagues,

Please forgive me if this is not the right list for posting this question, but I could not think of an alternative. Perhaps someone might point me in a better direction?

I am trying to take an image of a watermark in a late medieval manuscript which is covered with thick script. Someone suggested a cold light pad might be useful, but I have never used one and do not know where to buy one. Does anyone have experience with cold light pads and/or can you make suggestions for vendors? Any other suggestions for devices that could be used for imaging watermarks (for a small library with modest means)?

Thank you,
Meghan

*Please note: Due to ongoing construction adjacent to the Grolier Club clubhouse, library patrons may experience disruptive noise and vibration.

Meghan R. Constantinou, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Librarian
The Grolier Club
47 East 60th Street