[DCRM-L] Controlled Vocabularies updates

Carpenter, Jane jfcarpenter at library.ucla.edu
Tue Oct 13 15:04:27 MDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group has posted 8 new Genre Term scope notes to the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Community Discussion blog.  We would love to have feedback from you-please post your comments to our blog.

Posted on CV Blog for comment: The comment period runs from Oct. 14-21, 2015:
http://rbms.info/cv-comments/
*       Sales catalogs
*       Ballads
*       Ballad operas
*       Epistolary novels
*       Congressional addresses
*       Constitutions
*       Contracts
*       Cookbooks
*
*       Approved: Scope notes for the following 8 terms have been finalized and will be added to the Controlled Vocabularies genre list in the next update: http://rbms.info/vocabularies/genre/alphabetical_list.htm
*       Royal petitions
*       Eulogies
*       Etymological dictionaries
*       Affidavits
*       Albums
*       Pastoral plays
*       Romance plays
*       History plays (the qualifier "often" was added to the otherwise unchanged scope note)
*       Revised and re-posted:
*       Essays
Reconsidered:
Oriental tales - In light of the charged nature of the term, especially since explanatory scope notes are not visible in typical library catalogs, and the limited literary warrant and usage, the CV editors have decided not to reverse their earlier decision to delete this term.

We look forward to hearing from you!
Jane Carpenter and Ryan Hildebrand, Co-Chairs
RBMS Controlled Vocabularies Editorial Group
Amy F. Brown, Genre Terms Scope Note Project