[DCRM-L] [RBMS] Controlled Vocabularies updates from ALA annual

Ryan Hildebrand rhilde at uoregon.edu
Thu Jul 7 09:48:01 MDT 2016

I am open to this discussion. Upon looking, I am surprised to see there isn't much warrant for the phrase outside of the CV. I guess I've just grown accustomed to it. I'd be happy to work on a change request after others have had a chance to weigh in.

If we go with Polemics (Polemical literature?) I think we need to steer away from "aggressive" and "forcefully presented," as much of this type of writing is rather nuanced and delivered with the calm finesse of a good debater. I do think "polemical" is the right word, we would just need to be very careful in the construction of the SN.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Hildebrand
Authorities & Special Collections Cataloging Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299
(541) 346-1844