[DCRM-L] RDA revision proposals -- Early Printed Resources and Rare Printed Resources

Noble, Richard richard_noble at brown.edu
Mon Jul 25 14:56:04 MDT 2016

Isn't this really, at base, "enhanced carrier description"? I'm not sure
about the reception that phrase might get ("Fancy themselves, don't they,
those Rare Cats with their 'enhanced' descriptions"), but something on that
level of generality would finesse the over-specificity that we're trying to
avoid.

"Enhanced carrier description" for *any* materials, whether early, rare,
intensively collected, whatever, to be applied at the discretion of the
cataloging agency.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br <RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu>