[DCRM-L] FW: [Marketing Mail] Re: ["EXLIBRIS-L"] Ligatus thesaurus [Was "Untrimmed Edges"]

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Tue Jun 21 16:05:53 MDT 2016

All, Thanks for the feedback. I submitted a request for a new source code
for the Language of Bindings Thesaurus to the MARC standards office on
February 5. A new code was announced in the MARC Technical Notice on April
7, but it just came to my attention today:
Genre/Form Code and Term Source Codes

The following source code has been added to the Genre/Form Code and Term
Source Codes <http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html> list
for usage in appropriate fields and elements.
Additions

   - kobt - Language of Bindings Thesaurus (London: University of Arts)

Sources:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/relators/tn160406src.html

http://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html

This enables the use of the thesaurus in 655_7 $2 kobt

I would have expected lobt, but both LOC documents do show kobt.

Matt

E-mail: matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Phone: 212-851-2451