[DCRM-L] FW: [Marketing Mail] Re: ["EXLIBRIS-L"] Ligatus thesaurus [Was "Untrimmed Edges"]

Manon Theroux manon.theroux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:30:03 MDT 2016

Below is the MARC Technical Notice sent out last April. It has "lobt" not
"kobt" as the new code added to the Genre/Form Code and Term Source Codes
list for the Language of Bindings Thesaurus, so I think the web page just
has a typo.
https://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/genre-form.html

The 7 new codes for the RBMS Controlled Vocabularies were added to the
Standard Identifier Source Codes list (not the Genre/Form Code and Term
Source Codes list). They are designed for use in the 024 $2 in bib and
authority records, not the 655 field. I'm not sure what led them to be
established. I did wonder when I saw the Technical Notice last April though.
https://www.loc.gov/standards/sourcelist/standard-identifier.html

The "old" codes for the RBMS controlled vocabularies (for use in the 655
field) still exist in the Genre/Form Code and Term Source Codes list.

-Manon