[DCRM-L] Two questions about Twenty-four golden harps

Nickeson, Walter wnickeson at library.rochester.edu
Wed May 25 13:48:24 MDT 2016

There are three English-language records in OCLC for the 1472 work whose English title might be Twenty-four golden harps. They are all LCCN 48040448; one of them has a link to an online image file. They all quote the colophon, the first line of which is (according to the digitized version):

Hie ennde sich Die viervnzweinczig gnldin Harpf

My copy (which lacks the first four leaves) has as the first line of its colophon:

Hie ennde sich Die xxiiij guldin Harpffe/die gezo

If I use one of the three existing records (834112, 228718953, 80520774), would it be good to add something to the master record about the different colophon? If so, what would be appropriate wording? (Do I have a different issue, state, edition ...?) Is this sort of difference in the colophon justification for adding a new record to WorldCat?

None of the other digitized versions, nor the bibliographies that include this work, seem to know of a colophon like the one in my book.

Another question about this book: What is the work? The records differ.

Cassian, John, $d approximately 360-approximately 435. $t Collationes patrum XXIV. $l German
Nider, Johannes, $d approximately 1380-1438. $t Vierundzwanzig goldenen Harfen

  Walter F. Nickeson, Catalog &
    Metadata Management Librarian
  Rush Rhees Library
  University of Rochester