[DCRM-L] scallop (?) shell binding

Matthew C. Haugen matthew.haugen at columbia.edu
Tue Nov 29 13:23:46 MST 2016

Also, AAT has: seashell $2 aat

along with narrower terms for various types of seashells, including:
scallop shell $2 aat

And for the nutshell: shell (plant material) $2 aat

Here, there are no narrower terms for type of nut, seed, etc.

Material comprising the usually hard outer covering of a fruit, nut, or
seed.

As for Ligatus, I note that OCLC has not yet corrected the MARC source code
for Ligatus in its validation; the incorrect code kobt validates but the
correct code lobt does not; I reported this to OCLC in August and this was
the advice I received:

Thanks again for keeping track of this and letting us know about our
error.  We’ll get it fixed in the next available installation, but that
will be a few months down the road.  In the meantime, please hold off using
this code in master records.

Matt

Matthew C. Haugen
Rare Book Cataloger