[DCRM-L] new record for variant?

silvanan at mptek.net silvanan at mptek.net
Thu Oct 27 14:17:21 MDT 2016

Hello all,
I am currently cataloging the 1845 edition Edward Hazen's The panorama
of professions and trades, Philadelphia : Uriah Hunt & Son, and all the
records I have found for it have "1845" in the t.p. imprint, but mine
does not. My copy is in original publisher's boards and it does have the
"1845" in the imprint on the cover. Aside from the absence the date on
the t.p. everything else is exactly the same, layout, type setting,
pagination, illustrations, etc. I know because I compared against an
online copy. Even the boards are the same. So, new record or just a note
detailing it as a variant? And, yes, I have already consulted Appendix E
of the DCRMB. Still not sure.
Thanks
-Silvana