[DCRM-L] bibliographic citation query

Wed Sep 14 14:37:09 MDT 2016

Not a clue. Sorry.

Deborah J. Leslie, M.A., M.L.S. | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu | orcid.org/0000-0001-5848-5467

-----Original Message-----
From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Schneider, Nina
Sent: Tuesday, 13 September 2016 19:08
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: [DCRM-L] bibliographic citation query

Colleagues,

I am cataloging Joseph Ritson's Observations on the three first volumes of the History of English poetry, in a familiar letter to the author. London: J. Stockdale and R. Faulder, 1782. I found a master record in OCLC that I would like to use and it has a bibliographic citation of C&C 6659. The original cataloging agency is Australian, but many other libraries have their holdings attached.

Any ideas as to what C&C might be referring? I asked a knowledgeable colleague, searched the online and print versions of RBMS SCF, and tried to find it with a google search. It's not in the STC abbreviations. There may be more references I could check, but our current construction activities prevent me from investigation further.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

Nina

Nina M. Schneider
Rare Books Librarian
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library
2520 Cimarron Street
Los Angeles, CA  90018
(323) 731-8529

nschneider at humnet.ucla.edu
http://www.clarklibrary.ucla.edu/

** Please note that the Clark Library is currently CLOSED for our seismic retrofit **