[DCRM-L] RBMS PS Review Q2.5: Transcription of Inaccuracies

Noah Sheola sheola at bc.edu
Tue Dec 19 13:11:29 MST 2017

I'm more in favor of falling in line with RDA on this one. If the
inaccuracy is corrected or commented upon in a note, it should be clear
enough to the user that the inaccuracy appears on the item itself and is
not a cataloger's error. I'm not crazy about the compromise in the current
draft (it's a compromise, so that is to be expected, I suppose). If there
are benefits in continuing to permit interpolated corrections at the
cataloger's discretion, I am not convinced the inconsistency across
cataloging agencies is worth it.
- Noah

--
Noah Sheola
Special Collections Cataloging Librarian