[DCRM-L] Words for proof, etc.

Cawelti, Andrea cawelti at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 16 13:34:04 MDT 2017

Calling on all rare book experts: I'm trying to assemble a list of vocabulary concerning proofs, in major European languages plus Russian (transliterated).  Would those of you with wider experience, be willing to give me some idea of standard language usage, in both singular and plural?  If you are familiar with language which would identify a proof, a galley or page proof, or draft, with any standard variations and abbreviations, I'd be grateful.  I'll look in The Usual Sources, but nothing substitutes for actual experience with usage.

What I have so far from my own work:
French:
Épreuve/épreuves

Italian: