[DCRM-L] is there such a thing as a 13cm folio?

Tue May 16 09:50:29 MDT 2017

The binding sounds like it might be an example of two-on sewing.

Deborah J. Leslie, MA, MLS | Senior Cataloger, Folger Shakespeare Library | djleslie at folger.edu | 201 East Capitol Street, S.E. | Washington, DC 20003 | 202.675-0369 | orcid.org 0000-0001-5848-5467

From: dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu [mailto:dcrm-l-bounces at lib.byu.edu] On Behalf Of Noble, Richard
Sent: Monday, 15 May, 2017 17:40
To: DCRM Users' Group
Subject: Re: [DCRM-L] is there such a thing as a 13cm folio?

The second part looks like half-sheet 12mo in 4s and 2s (Scots influenced by the French), so I suppose the rest is 12mo in 2s. I don't think the first part is folio (printed 2-up on a little table press??)--just set up that way, probably also as work-and-turn half sheets, perhaps to facilitate interleaving? The ECCO images are of little help, though there does seem to be a signature A at the foot of the page that follows the title page in that presentation.

BROWN UNIVERSITY  ::  PROVIDENCE, R.I. 02912  ::  401-863-1187
<Richard_Noble at Br<mailto:RICHARD_NOBLE at BROWN.EDU>own.edu<http://own.edu>>