[DCRM-L] pages and leaves

Kira Barnes kbbwml at rit.edu
Tue Oct 24 04:19:53 MDT 2017

I would call it 478 pages in square brackets and make a note that the pages are only numbered on the recto.

But greater wisdom may prevail.

Kira Barnes
Cataloging and Metadata Librarian
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, NY 14623
585-475-4099

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 6:02 PM -0400, "Matthew C. Haugen" <matthew.haugen at columbia.edu<mailto:matthew.haugen at columbia.edu>> wrote:

Hi Joan, Can I ask whether your illuminated 15th century antiphonary is a manuscript or an incunable and whether it has musical notation? The short answer would be to record the extent in terms of leaves, but what you actually record in 300 $a will depend on what standard you are applying (possibly DCRM(B)<http://rbms.info/files/dcrm/dcrmb/DCRMB3.pdf>, DCRM(M)<http://rbms.info/files/dcrm/dcrmm/DCRMM.pdf>, or AMREMM<http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/publications/booksanddigitalresources/digital/AMREMM_full.pdf>)

Matt